Monday, August 27, 2007

A massive compliment!

Well this new style that I have been exploring has pretty much taken over all my thinking. Totally loving it and I am planning a major list-fest on Ebay starting on the 1st of September. Meanwhile, Diane, my luverly friend in New York, paid me the massive compliment of buying three of my larger paintings for her apartment. I was unbelievably nervous sending them to her. Hoping against hope that they would be as she expected and not a real let-down... but all is well. They arrived safely and Diane tells me she is thrilled... she sent me a photo of them on her wall which was real fun to see... quite apart from anything else, I am extremely fond of that sofa, having slept on it a number of times.. chuckle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

The paintings look great in that setting. Good luck with the new stiff in September.

4:48 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Or even stuff :o)

4:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hee hee LOL @ Sarah! - Amanda, I hope you don't have a new "stiff": noun informal 1 a dead body. 2 a boring, conventional person in September! (Just kiddin' Sarah!)

But seriously, I love love LOVE these paintings - I stare at them all the time now, and want to spend all my waking hours in my living room now! The depth of color that you've achieved in these is truly PHENOMENAL! I could lose myself for hours just starting at them! :) I think my favorite parts are the "smoky grays and browns" they're sooo warm and inviting, and overall there is such a nice balance between the warm and cool tones and shapes! Ahhh, I'm in love... thanks again, Amanda!

12:55 am  
Blogger Barking Biscuit said...

Your paintings look spectacular. How wonderful to receive a photo of them in their new home!

1:36 pm  
Blogger Giggles said...

Hi there Amanda I have been lurking on your blog without commenting. I nominate you for the Rockin Girl Blogger award because I love your vibrant art! I have linked to you from today’s post! You inspire me with your wonderful art!

Peace Giggles

PS. I originally found you on EBSQ!

3:46 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beeeeautiful! Bravo my dear, these new paintings take my breath away. I can understand why your friend is so happy to own them! I'd spend all day in that room too!

xo,
J :)

4:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home