Sunday, June 24, 2007

Boats and beaches

I was asked to do a couple of paintings on a nautical theme for a new gallery a few weeks ago. Lots of ideas popped into my head but were firmly squashed when one of the other artists displaying her own work there, requested that I not use black outlines in my work as this would clash with her own style. Hmmm... It's not that I can't paint in different styles but somehow this request bothered me somewhat and stifled my creativity for a while. Anyway, I have come up with two collages which I am pleased with, only to find that my work is no longer required. Bit of a sour taste in the mouth all round.
Anyway, these two will shortly be up on Etsy... where my native style is neither stifled nor banned... thank goodness.

The summer slump is firmly under way. Historically this is always the worst month of the year for sales and thus I tend to live on a diet of beans on toast... probably do me the world of good. So if anyone is in the mood for adding some original art to their walls, you can buy in the knowledge that you are literally putting food on the table.. Ho Ho.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Definietly their loss! These are lovely.

7:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

the unbelieveable gall of some people! and i agree, THEIR loss! beautiful work as always :)

3:34 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful wondreful textured painting!

9:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home