Saturday, May 15, 2010

All Green in the garden

Yay, all finished. Here is my entry for the EBSQ monthly competition. The theme is Green so I rummaged around in my stash for all the green textiles and oh my but there was a lot of them.
So the finished piece is called Allotments and is my representation of British allotments as seen from a hot-air balloon looking down... lol.
It is 16" x 20" and has a multitude of fabrics and yarns and even bits of an old acrylic painting of mine chopped up into small scraps. I've used mostly black thread but there are hints of blue, magenta and bronze threads too. All in all, a riot of green-ness with a few contrasts thrown in for good measure.
If you are so inclined, come the end of the month when voting starts, do feel free to cast one in my direction. :) Click HERE to see the show. Also if you check out my Etsy store for textile art, you can see more detailed pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home