Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rotten Christmas and worse New Year

Well it has to be said that Christmas and New Year have been pretty much the worst ever. With a global recession in full swing, art, and thus art sales are low on people's priorities. I am simply not going to recover from it so it's all change for me. Of course it will probably take months and months for my house to sell so in the meantime I am still painting.. hugging my studio close to me while I still have it.. sob. Strangely the darker my days are, the brighter my art seems to become. I don't know why that is. You would think that I would be painting more bleak and monotone art or something equally suicidal. Maybe it is just my sub-conscious desperately trying to cheer me up. Whatever it is, I am getting real pleasure from my work at the moment. Relishing the creative process while I can.

So here is a six piece that I completed a few days ago. It's called Swamp Fever.

And this one is a triptych called Bed Monster... one of my favourite titles of recent. Lol

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh Amanda, so sorry to hear that you have to make drastic changes :o(

Love the pictures x

6:32 pm  
Blogger Giggles said...

Such a wonderful artist as yourself, so sorry to hear of the sad changes!
Beautiful new pieces.

Sincerely Sherrie

4:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You've been on my mind a lot since we last spoke, Amanda. You have been an inspiration and guiding force in my life, creatively and professionally and well, in lots of other ways too. I know a good change is on it's way and I'm rooting for you.

The brilliant colors translate the faith you know is inside you - somewhere in there, you know your art isn't going anywhere, and neither are your fans!! I love you, we love you... keep the hope.

2:11 am  
Blogger Everyday Kathy said...

Love your art... I shared it over on my Everyday Bliss blog. Which I had a huge readership interested in buying art to help but you never know eh???
http://blisspot.blogspot.com/2010/01/rainy-day-whimsy.html

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home