Friday, March 30, 2007

Have I reached S.A.B.L.E. yet?

I was reading artyfartykat's blog entry about yarn acronyms yesterday and the one that caught my eye was S.A.B.L.E. This stands for Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy and means that basically you have achieved a stash that no matter how much you knit will be more than you can possibly use in your lifetime. I'm not sure if I'm there yet but given the sedentry pace of my knitting, I wouldn't be at all surprised. Random acquisitions on ebay plus manic scavenging in charity shops mixed in with the occasional bankrupting event of visiting seriously tempting yarn shops, has meant that most of my spare bedroom is taken over with yarn. To prove it, here are two pics. The first one is my clever use of multiple CD shelves and the second is my 'expensive yarn' shelves... Now then.. what shall I knit next?


1 Comments:

Blogger Concetta said...

Amanda! It's such a small world - how are you? I'm definitely S.A.B.L.E. when it comes to crafty things... probably a few times over... *blush*. I've been admiring your website and art work - fantastic! It's good to know you're doing so well.

4:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home