Thursday, March 02, 2006

Snow, snow and more snow

A good five inches of it at the moment and still it comes down. Hauling parcels up the hill to the post office has become an Olympic sport and somewhat treacherous at that. I could do with a pair of those nice spiky football boots really.
Anyway, I've been staying warm and busy in my studio and have been doing quite well with ebay sales in the past few days. I've also been working a little bit looser than my normal style which has been fun. Here is one of my triptyches called Skittles & Beer.


All this softening of the landscape is really rather beautiful. I let Pickle out for a run in the garden this morning and he promptly disappeared in a snow drift. All you could see were the tips of his ears twitching in a manic display of sheer joy. I took a picture of him once he had scrabbled his way to solid ground.


Still not smoking and am now on day 17. Think I might be almost a real non smoker .. hope so!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sal said...

Amanda congratulations on your non-smoker staus. That's BRILLIANT!

I am very jealous of your snow. We had four flakes yesterday and that was that. While the sun was out too!


Skittles and beer is a lovely piece, btw - glad the sales are going well.

1:27 pm  
Blogger orion713 said...

Pickle is so cute! What kind of dog is it?

6:47 am  
Blogger orion713 said...

Also Skittles and Beer is a great piece. I love the bright colors and strong shape and form!

6:49 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Pickle is a border collie. Three years old and mad as a brush.

7:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home