Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Parents evening

It was Katie's open evening at Dolgellau college on Monday. She is in her first year of an art foundation course so I was very keen to see what she's been up to. Very interesting place and lots of diversity in the work. I'm deeply jealous. It's all very well being self-taught, but I've really missed out on all the inspiration working in a group can give you. Katie is doing very well. Her tutors sang her praises which was great to hear. The college is starting some evening classes in March.. might have to investigate that further.
I stayed over in Barmouth with mum on Monday night and Tuesday we drove over to Welshpool again to pick up the last of the yarn from Colinette I wanted and tidy up all the loose ends. It's turned out that my lower offer to them might be acceptable but they still think it's too high. I have got other ideas now so I'm not concerned about whether they come back to me or not. I most certainly won't be going any lower.. that's for sure. They've put the plans on hold for a while anyway.. I think that is probably just the cowardly way of saying no thank you.
Still managing to not smoke although I am going through a tough patch at the moment. It's day nine today and I have really struggled with it. Spent twenty minutes punishing myself on the treadmill in an effort to feel fit, even if I'm not!
Lots of paintings being produced and I did an ATC2 card for Vicki in the spring swap. Daffodils.. naturally enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Lovely daffodils Amanda. Well done with the not smoking. Have you started describing yourself as a non-smoker yet? Try it, it makes you feel good (yes I am speaking from much experience!) :)

1:14 pm  
Blogger JAN said...

Oh this one is lovely and calls forth the warm spring weather...delightful :)

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home