Saturday, March 11, 2006

Men in Lycra!

All the snow has disappeared and magically Spring seems to have sprung. I drove down the road to the Coed Y Brenin (King's Forest) which is just five or six miles away from home and met mum for coffee this morning. The Coed is one of the best biking trails in the country and to prove the point there was a plethora of men in lycra fiddling with their bikes and chattering to one another about gears and tyre pressures like a load of pensioners at a knitting club. Exceedingly difficult to avert ones eyes from the manly bulges that were everywhere you looked. I kept my eyes to the sky and tried to think mundane thoughts.
The Coed is a glorious place and has a well deserved reputation. Even at this time of year before the trees get their full crown of green, it is still heart-stoppingly beautiful. Here is a photo of The Bike in the Tree which is just visible from the cafe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Champion said...

it reminds me of when we got someones bike and hoisted it up on a flag pole. Eventually we got it so the flag pole went through the bike, and the bike was back on the ground but really really stuck. And the owner wasn't too happy.

10:12 pm  
Blogger Francesca said...

looks like a beautiful place, even with all the lycra! :)

9:58 am  
Blogger katat0nik said...

Cool picture! I wish I could see those men in lycra... I mean... the beautiful forest... :)

I have some new Horace pics for you - I'll email them shortly :D

7:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home