Friday, April 01, 2011

Deep In Deeping

Very exciting day yesterday. Dropped off two paintings (Harlech Castle and Portmeirion) at the Royal Academy in London to be considered for the Summer Exhibition. Suprisingly nerve-wracking given that all I was doing was leaving the canvases at the tradesmen's entrance. Hah. It was very amusing to note that everyone there was unwrapping their work with great care so that no-one else could see their art. I think we pretty much all felt nervous and unworthy and perhaps a bit ashamed at our arrogance to even consider that we might be good enough. Is this a malaise of all artists I wonder. Probably so. On the way home I delivered the commissioned painting for Joe and Katie and thankfully they are pleased with the result. They wanted a painting of their new house but also wanted it to include the elements of their surroundings that are dear to them. The huge old willow tree opposite, the swans in the river, the bridge at one end and the wier at the other and of course the pub.

Deep in Deeping - 46" x 30" acrylic on canvas

Joe got the drill out straightaway and hung the painting. A real treat for me to actually see my work in it's final home. So a good day and now I have to wait 8 agonizing weeks wondering if perhaps, perhaps, perhaps I might be lucky enough to hang my art on the hallowed walls of the Royal Academy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jan Bickerton said...

How fantastic to submit your wonderful pieces to the Royal Academy Amanda. Wishing you lots of luck.

7:31 am  
Blogger Giggles said...

I'm so excited to see you back blogging... I have to update my list again!! Good luck on the Royal Academy... I have loved your art..and wish it was licensed here in Canada... I can imagine my morning coffee in a mug with your colorful whimsical spirit printed all over it!!

Hugs Giggles

7:19 pm  
Anonymous Amanda Hone said...

Yay, thanks both. I should hear soon but even if I don't get chosen, the experience alone was worth the trip. And there's always next year. :)

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home